I’ve reached the point in my foiling obsession where I will try to foil absolutely anything. It started with paper. Paper pinwheels. Paper notebooks. Paper calendars. Now I’ve graduated to the “how many things can I put through my Minc before it starts smoking.” Well – good news is that this sucker is still plugging along and I now have a set of leather gift tags to prove it. Yes. You heard me. Leather. Try putting leather through a regular ol’ laminator. That the thing will go up in flames. The Minc can do it. The Minc can do anything. Minc for president!
What you need:
- Minc Foils in your choice of colors.
- Tag shapes cut from tooling leather. I used my Cricut Explore to cut the tags, but you can easily do with with scissors.
- Decofoil Transfer Adhesive
- foam brush
- metal stamping kit
- washi tape
- Place washi tape onto leather tags
- Use foam brush to apply a thin layer of the transfer adhesive
- Peel back the washi tape then allow the transfer adhesive to dry for about 30-60 minutes. It will still be tacky to the touch.
- Place a piece of foil onto the leather tag
- With the Minc setting on “5” place the foil and tag into a folder and run through the machine
- Remove the foil and tag from the folder and peel back the foil.
- Use the metal stamping kit to add a name or monogram to the bottom of the tag.