I can’t let this holiday season go by without tempting you with another cocoa-themed project – and it’s a cutie. This mug of cocoa features an adorable die from Papertrey Ink that I just had to have. With a few creative additions to this shape, I was able to create a holiday themed mug of cocoa that you’ll be hard pressed to give away. Luckily, you can make a bunch of these and save one for yourself.
Here’s the rundown of materials you’ll need to assemble this project:
- The Papertrey Ink Cuppa Love shape cut from white cardstock with the handle and bottom portions trimmed off. You’ll them want to emboss this altered shape with a polka dot embossing folder.
- Baker’s twine – remember you can snag full spools of twine from Baker’s Stock for 50% using the code TWINE50
- Glitter glue – you know I love my Martha Stewart Glitter Glue and the Iridescent Collection is perfect for this project
- A tape runner
- Die cut tag shape from Papertrey Ink Cuppa Love
- Papertrey Ink Cloud die shapes cut from white cardstock
- Two Papertrey Ink Cuppa Love cut from white cardstock
- Candy cane and peppermint images cut and stamped from white cardstock using the Papertrey Ink Candy Cane Christmas stamp set and coordinating die set
- Medium Scalloped Border die cut from glitter cardstock. If you don’t have glitter cardstock, you can easily make your own by following THIS tutorial.
- Adhere the embossed die cut to the mug die cut
- Adhere the scalloped borders to the top and bottom as shown and trim to fit
- Adhere the cloud dies as shown to mimic the look of whipped cream
- Adhere the candy cane and peppermint shapes
- Tie on the tag with twine then use glitter glue to add sprinkles to the cloud shapes
- Adhere the second mug die cut to the back of the first. Adhere all edges except for the top edge. This will create a pocket where you can insert a gift card.
See supply list above for links to Papertrey Ink products used in this post.