I’m on the hunt for South Florida’s very brightest stars to join the Damask Love team. If you are a creative soul with a hefty dose of hustler spirit, I’d love to hear from you.
Keep scrolling for all the details!
CALL FOR INTERNS
— Creative Development Intern (Social Media Focused) —
Damask Love HQ is looking for a creative and innovative Creative Development intern who will consistently work on social media projects & post on our social accounts. This will include reposting old content, products, and designing brand new audience-friendly graphics. You may also help strategize and create new marketing campaigns across platforms. A previous knowledge of Pinterest/youtube is not required though would be helpful. Basic craft skills are a plus such as cutting, painting, creating, assembling and various other artistic methods. This internship position may include assisting with creative elements of photoshoots and projects and a willingness to share and collaborate. The intern must be able to work with designers to follow instructions and execute accordingly. This internship is located in our office in Miami, FL. In person only.
- Address day-to-day studio tasks (i.e. errands, organization, scheduling)
- Schedule & manage social media content
- Manage daily amplification of Damask Love content
- Assist with photography, filming and amplifying content (e.g. IG Reels)
- Communicate with brand partners and influencer partners
- Work with marketing and creative team to develop strategy
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Schedule out posts and work with campaigns
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas
- Identify DIY projects and products that can be used for content
- Maintain content on Instagram profiles and pages – Pinterest & TikTok
- Stay in the know of social trends
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Social media experience, ideally in the creative brand space
- Experience with videos & light editing
- Familiarity with and the ability to assume the voice of the Damask Love brand
YOU MUST BE:
- Extremely professional
- Able to work independently
- Punctual and demonstrates consistent initiative
- Familiar with the Damask Love Brand and voice
- Local or able to commute regularly to Downtown Miami area
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Tech Savvy – you don’t need to be Steve Jobs, but you will need to know your way around the usual suspects (i.e. printer, Cricut, apps, social media, etc.)
These are the non-negotiables. Don’t let the glitter and rainbows fool ya – running a business is no small task and requires professionalism and reliability. Of course, the Damask Love environment is inspiring, colorful and unlike most other work settings – but even rainbows are hard work, and I expect your absolute best effort at all times. When applying for this position, please type “Craft is in Session” at top of your email, this will be your way of letting me know you read through the entire description.
HUGE PLUS IF:
- You are familiar Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Familiar with MailChimp and Drip (email marketing software)
COMPENSATION & COMMITTMENT:
UNPAID/FOR COLLEGE CREDIT.
- Weekly hourly commitment is flexible, however you must be available for a minimum of 10-15 hours per week.
APPLY: Send the following pieces of info to [email protected] with the subject CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT:
- Your resume or a link to your portfolio, if applicable.
- A brief cover letter stating why you think you are a great fit for Damask Love – tell me what makes you awesome, brag on yourself!! I want to hear EVERYTHING about you that makes you perfect for Damask Love.
- Links to three non-Damask Love Instagram images, blog posts, articles or lists that fit the Damask Love aesthetic. For each one, provide a caption that also fits the Damask Love brand and aesthetic. Imagine you’re sharing these on Instagram.
- Link to your Instagram account.
- If you are comfortable being on camera or crafting on camera, please mention this in your application!
If you have any questions, feel free to email [email protected]