You know how I get down with Instagram. It’s my favorite way to do nothing. My favorite way to pretend I’m doing something very important on my phone, when in actuality I’m studying a recently posted photo of shoes. Or ogling a beautiful photo of pie. I’m sort of obsessed with today’s project because I’m bringing Instagram off the screen and into your craftroom. With this easy project, you can print out your favorite photos pack up your favorite Instagram photos and package them up in this cute Instagram box. It makes for a great keepsake gift for a fellow Instagram lover. Let me show you how it’s done.
What you need:
- Rounded square paper mache box
- Black and white cardstock cut into concentric circles
- Heart punched or cut from red cardstock
- Red, blue, green and yellow cardstock scraps
- foam brushes
- Brown and light tan acrylic paint
- masking tape
You’ll also need (not pictured):
- craft glue
- black cardstock
- 4×4 photo prints. I snagged mine from Social Print Studio.
- Paint the lower two-thirds of the lid with light tan paint
- Repeat this on box bottom
- Mask off the lid as shown…
- Mask off the bottom as shown
- Paint the upper portion of the box with brown paint
- remove masking
- Cut thin strips from cardstock
- cut a rounded square from black cardstock
- cut a thin rounded rectangle from black cardstock
- Adhere all the pieces as shown to create an Instagram box
So, tell me – are you feeling so Instagrammy right now??
16 thoughts on “DIY Instagram in a Box”
Pingback: Friday Links! - The Crafted Life
Pingback: 25 DIYs to Decorate the Dorm Room Everyone Will Want to Hang Out In
Pingback: Super Cute And Fun DIY Instagram In A Box | Shelterness
Pingback: 5 DIYs you will LOVE: Date Cards + Instagram Box + Magazine Wall Art | Alliexperience
Pingback: 6 DIY Ways to Display your Instagram Photos - The Crafted Life
Pingback: birthday gift ideas for mom from son - Kobo Guide
Yeah, yeah the project is cute. But can we PLEASE talk about your child who is way, way cooler than I can ever hope to be?! Those shades! That pose!
I was going to post something similar to the prior post about that cool dude, but Lindsay said it perfectly. Oh and one other thing that jumped out at me…… only YOU would have scissors with gold handles!
The perfect spot for all your awesome Insta pics! Loved and pinned it!
I’m not on Instagram but this is a very cool project! And yes – your son is too cool!
Cute project Amber!
I’ve been thinking for ages how I want to print and keep some of my instagram photos so they don’t disappear in the webs down the road. This is so perfect!
So, that’s crazy fun!!! Ooooh MY GOSH! I can absolutely do this for my bday celebration and send to my fave gals who are celebrating with me. OH the memories! Thanks for sharing this idea! You’re awesome!
That’s genius! Must pin it, so I don’t forget it, and I’m planning on doing this project for my friend’s birthday.
Thank you ♥
wow! its a beautiful concept, love the craft work done. On the other hand i also found that buy.guru website has the best split air conditioner in India
wow! it’s a beautiful craft, love the craftwork done. On the other hand, I also found that 91brands.in website has the best projectors in India