The shoe clip parade continues and emojis are so necessary. To be honest, I haven’t really figured out the whole emoji thing. I guess it has something to do with the fact that I talk a lot, which means I really, really like words. Real words. Words made up from letters. Words that I can put together into a long-winded story about the randomest of things. Like tie-dye outfits. And ugly sweaters. I can still appreciate a well, placed emoji, though. I use them a ton on Instagram, but now I’m crafting with them in another Craft My Flats original. It had to be done.
What you need:
- Emoji shapes and circles cut from tooling leather using the Cricut Explore (click the link to grab the cutting file for this project, then set your machine to the “Leather -Heavy” custom setting)
- Yellow glitter
- Red, tan and yellow acrylic paints
- Foam brushes
- Glitter glue
You will also need:
- shoe clips
- Paint the emoji faces with yellow acrylic glue
- Paint the circles half red and half tan as shown
- Brush glitter bond glue on to the emoji faces then sprinkle with yellow glitter
- Adhere the faces on top of the circles as shown. The glitter bond will actually work just fine for adhering the two pieces of leather to each other.
- Adhere the shoe clips. The glitter bond will work great for this too!
- (not shown) rock those emoji shoe clips, because you are now officially the coolest gal on the block.