I’m trying to figure out how to hold on to summer while simultaneously embracing fall. Pineapples. Pineapples are my solution. They are bright and colorful and make me think of warmer days, but if you throw those suckers into your favorite pumpkin muffin recipe and you’ve got a damn good midnight snack. So yeah. You’ll probably be seeing some pineapples between now and New Year’s.
Today’s take on pineapples are some really cute treat boxes that are crazy easy to make. I’ve even got a printable for you to make it super easy to cut out the toppers.
What you need:
- Pineapple topper printable, printed on to green cardstock
- yellow paint
- foam brush
- chalk marker or white paint pen
- craft knife
- oval paper mache boxes – I used itty bitty ones that I picked up from Hobby Lobby, but you can use whatever size you want!
- Paint the paper mache box with yellow paint. You’ll probably need a few coats to get a nice bright yellow color.
- Once the paint has dried, use the marker to draw on the lid of the box as shown.
- Use the craft knife to cut a small slit in the lid
- Cut out the pineapple topper
- Insert the topper into the slit and you’re done! So easy and so fun! A great project for little ones – just be sure to help em out with the craft knife part.
11 thoughts on “Pineapple Treat Boxes”
Pingback: Quick Picks : 9.17.15 - Paper Crave
Pingback: Ideas para el fin de semana - Demodé
Pingback: 17 DIY Pineapple Crafts for Kids and Teens - Casa Watkins Living
Pingback: artandcra – creativity
Oh, these are super cute!! Love pineapples!
Oh yeah, that one got pinned for a future project.
For the record, I love everything pineapple, forever and always. The end. xoxo
Never enough pineapples in this world.
So most of the experts of suggest for definite taking that tome and
watch Hindi movies online. The main stars which played main role in the movie are Johnny Depp along
with Gwyneth Paotow with another amazing actor named as Ewan Mc – Gregor.
The 1930s also helped to usher in some classic horror movies.
2 cool & 2 cute!❤️🍍🍍
I love these cute treat boxes and would like to make them for my son’s birthday party. He is now working on paper about his hobby, and I read here https://happyessays.com/free-essays/hobby/ that child’s hobby should be based on their interest, so I suppose scrapbooking is the great choice for him now.