Toile meets tools. Get it?
I’m a sucker for a good tool and I’m hoping I can pull you into my vortex of hoarding and overspending. It’s fun in my vortex. We have all the craft supplies and plenty of cupcakes.
Picking just five of my favorite tools was no easy tasks, since I currently own way.too.many…but here they are, the top five crafty cool tools, according to your’s truly. Alert the Associated Press. This is big new, people.
- I’m so in love with the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool. At first, I was a little afraid of it. It seems too techniquey. Like I would need to attend a vocational program for auto mechanics before I could use it. I was wrong. Dead wrong. It’s easy. Plug it in and create permanent seams in plastic. That’s the gist of it, anyway. The tool is great for creating scrapbook layouts, but I’ve been using mine to create packaging for holiday gifts. I’ll be sharing a full tutorial on how it’s done – but in the meantime, just trust me. I wouldn’t steer you wrong. Except that time I made this card. Ugh. We all make mistakes I suppose.
- The other day I had a conversation with someone who said he does not like cake. That’s where the conversation ended. I can’t remember anything else that was said. I have trust issues with people who hate cake. So, for all you cake haters (and cake lovers, for that matter) this cake die from We R Memory Keepers is the answer to all your woes. It’s a pop-up die and when you see this week’s DIY, you’ll know how badly you need this bad boy. In the meantime, check out this post that will walk you through how this die works. Then go here to buy yourself one.
- It’s no secret. I’m tethered to my Cricut Explore. Remember this post from last year? Well, all of that is still true, but I’ve added one additional reason why the Cricut Explore is a must have. It not comes in gold. Gold. Typically, I’m not one who cares about new colorways, but this is gold. Did you hear me? So, yeah – the Explore was cool before and now it’s reached new heights. Gold heights.
- Finally! There’s a way to create your own stamps, which means I can create lots of inappropriate, snarky sayings! My life is complete! I just received my Mint Stamp Maker in the mail and about 20 minutes later, I had my first custom stamp. The thing is cool. Seriously. Once you’ve designed your stamp, the machine takes about 30 seconds to etch your design and create a stamp. It’s a ton of fun…and like I said, there are countless curse words and sassy sayings just waiting to be stamped. Get to it.
- I got 99 problems but a banner ain’t one. Because I can make my own banners. In no time. Whenever I craft with friends, the banner punch board is one of my go to activities because it’s so impressive and easy to use. Also, everyone loves a good banner. It’s just a matter of what you want it to say. Might I suggest a few curse words or sassy sayings? Are you sensing a theme?
Stay tuned this week for my take on a couple of these cool tools. Also, be sure to stop by The Holiday Collective or more awesome holiday content.