This was the first year that I couldn’t attend the Craft & Hobby Association Trade Show in Anaheim, CA – which meant I was glued to Instagram and following along with all the awesome product that was being released. I kept my eyes on the goods and now I’ve got a roundup of my very favorites. I’ve already spent about eleventeen thousand imaginary dollars on all the things I want!
1. We R Memory Keepers Template Studio: Mini is cute but giant is awesome. That’s pretty much the premise behind the We R Memory Keepers Template Studio. If you are familiar with the Envelope Punch Board, the Pillow Box Punch Board or the Gift Box Punch Board – imagine being able to make these – supersized! The Template Studio allows you to use a large cutting mat and templates to create oversized gift packaging. You can even make a jumbo candy box! On top of all this, We R also offers huge sheets of 22×24″ patterned cardstock that you can use with this system, and the patterns are so cute and trendy…gold foil polka dots, anyone? Take a look at this video from Craft Test Dummies to see the Template Studio in action.
Scheduled Release: available in April 2015
MSRP:$79 for the Template Studio Starter Kit; $4.99 for 22×24″ cardstock; $19.99 for each additional template
2. Stick It! Double Sided Adhesive: If you are familiar with die cutting, you know what a pain it can be to apply adhesive to delicate and intricate die cuts. It’s tough to apply the adhesive and nearly impossible to do it neatly. The Stick It! double sided adhesive is essentially a thin sheet of adhesive sandwiched between two easily removable sheets of film. You peel off one side of the film, adhere your paper or cardstock and then die cut it as you usually would. Then once the paper is cut, you peel of the other side of film, revealing the adhesive. It’s so simple and so genius. Here’s a look at the product being used by the creator, Ken Oliver. I’m especially happy that this product works well with electronic die machines, which means I’ll be putting it use with my Cricut Explore.
Scheduled Release: available now!
3. Heidi Swapp Minc Foil Applicator: I am obsessed, in love and completely gaga for the Minc Foil Applicator. It’s bordering on stalking at this point because I cannot wait to get my hands on this tool. A few months back I showed you guys how to DIY your own stamped laser foil stationery and now that the Minc is coming to market, the process of laser foiling just got a bajillion times easier. The machine trumps your typical desktop laminator. It accepts paper up to 12×14 and has several heat settings the make sure you project comes out perfectly. The Minc will run all sorts of materials including vellum and chipboard! Heidi has also designed a huge collection of embellishments that are just waiting for you to customize with your choice of 11 metallic foils including rose gold and mint! I’m not kidding you when I say that I’m in love with this machine …I already have about ten project ideas in the pipeline that use it…so brace yourself, people…I’m about to be a foiling fool up in here.
Scheduled Release: shipping in February
MSRP: $149.99 for the Minc Foil Applicator machine; $9.99 for 10ft rolls of foil available in 11 colors; $4.99 for assorted pre-designed embellishments including treatbags, notecards, gallery prints and more.
4. Heidi Swapp Marquee Love: There is no shortage of DIY marquee letter tutorials on the interweb. The only problem is that most of them require some sort of carpentry and power tools. Um…no thank you ma’am. I have come accustomed to my ten fingers and I’d like to keep them attached to my body. Fear not fingers! Heidi Swapp Marquee Love to the rescue. These adorable letters and symbols come in a kit with everything you need to spell out your monogram, your business slogan or your very favorite curse word! The marquee kit includes a string of lights to bring the 8″ tall letters to life and the letters can be customized with glitter, cardstock or tape since each kit includes a tracing template. I’m planning to dress up my desk with a few marquee letters of my own…I just have to figure out what to spell out! Any suggestions?
Scheduled Release: available now at Michaels
MSRP: $14.99 for Marquee Love kit
5. Seven Paper: I am terrified of scrapbooking. That 12×12″ piece of paper just stares back at me…mocking my lack of scrapbooking ability. With a newborn, I’d love to organize all of the photos and keepsakes in a pretty way but memory keeping has never been my forte. Seven Paper has pretty much solved all my scrapbooking woes. The system is simple. It’s modern and its pint sized. The 4×4″ handbooks make memory keeping much more approachable for a scaredy cat like me. The collection are curated to perfection so it’s easy to select embellishments that coordinate since all the work has been done for you. I’m particularly partial the Baxter collection – can you say swirly gold alphabet stickers? If you’re wanting to dip your toes into the world of memory keeping, Seven Paper is a great option for getting started.
Phew! So there you have it. My five picks from the CHA trade show. Is there anything that you are loving from this list? It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner crafter, seasoned crafter or occasional crafter – these faves will get your creative mojo going. Now go forward and go for broke. I’m gonna need some company while I empty out my wallet!