Today marks my very first Denami Designs Theme Challenge – and the theme is “Animals!”
Denami has countless, adorable animal images to choose from – and even with such a wide selection at my disposal…this challenge freaked. me. out!
Typically I gravitate toward more graphic patterns and designs so I had to reach into the depths of my creativity for today’s challenge!
After staring at my collection of Denami Stamps I came up with something…a fun non-card project that you may just want to file away for the next rainy day when you’re stuck in the house with the kiddos!
What did I come up with? Keep scrolling and I’ll show you!!
Bookmarks!!! Penguin Bookmarks!!
These little guy came together thanks to the Denami Animal Face Set, what includes several images that you could also use for this project! I opted for the chickie face, but dressed it up to look like a darling little penguin.
Here are the pieces that I used to create each little bookmark..oh!…and did I mention that they are magnetic?!
1) A roll of magnetic tape…actually just two pieces of it, but you’ll need to get a whole roll, unless you know some secret place that sells individual pieces of magnetic tape!
2) A strip of black cardstock scored in the middle (this will be the “body” of the penguin)
3) A piece of black cardstock cut into an oval shape, with the center cut out the resemble a penguin face
4) A piece of white cardstock stamped with the animal face image.
5) The “scarf” which I just cut out from white cardstock and stamped with the Denami Rickrack Border stamp
6) A rectangular strip of white cardstock. This will make the “belly” of the penguin.
With all the materials created, you’ll simply assemble the pieces and add two small pieces of magnetic tape to the inside of the bookmark!
Here they are assembled and ready for a little reader to enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by for some Damask Love!
See you tomorrow for a project & announcement that you won’t wanna miss:-)