Suffice it to say: I love tassels. I think they are cool and I think they make everything look good. I won’t go into a longwinded story about tassels…mostly because I don’t have any stories about tassels. Because who really has a story about tassels. I did make some pretty ones in yesterday’s post, though. And today I’m giving you a rundown of some of my favorite tasseled goods.
1. For the last couple of months, I’ve been making frequent trips up to Tampa. “Why?” You ask? Oooooh – well I can’t tell you about that quite yet (but trust me…it’s good…let’s just say me and Melissa McCartney have a very little something in common). But I digress. I’ve been traveling up to Tampa, and every time I’m there, I make a point to stop at Whim So Doodle in St. Pete. It is seriously one of the the best scrapbooking shops ever. With so many shops closing their doors, it’s so good to see Whim So Doodle bustling with crafty gals. I seriously love that place. And my wallet does too. Last week when I was there, I went on a patterned paper spree. Among my finds were papers from the Crate Paper Confetti collection – and by far my fave is the pattern featuring a bunch of little bitty tassels! Love! Truth be told, the whole collection rocks your socks off, but those tassels just called my name. And I answered, and said “Why yes, I will purchase 15 sheets of you and all your loveliness.”
2. At first, I was like “Who on earth needs a fringe cutter?” Then I was like, “Thank GOD for this fringe cutter,” because if there is one thing I know it is this: when you need a fringe cutter, absolutely nothing else will do – except maybe a pair of scissors but even those don’t do a stellar job because you get tired after about 10 minutes and you say to yourself “Man, oh man I wish I had a fringe cutter.” I’ve used this baby to cut more tissue paper fringe garlands that the law allows…and I believe the law allows for about fifty garlands. Yeah, fifty. It makes quick work of all that fringing you gotta do and let’s you move on to the real party..Where there are plentiful grown-up libations.
3. So. Freaking. Excited. About. These. Stamps. Stampable tassels? Are you kidding me? That is so very necessary. I can already see these on a simple, colorful birthday card- maybe with a little glitter in the mix? What do you think? I have a hunch you agree with me on this one. Tassel stamps for all! Huzzah!
4. If a fringe cutter isn’t your speed, then you should probably get some fringe scissors. Any self respecting crafter needs them. They make for lots of pretty projects. Just do yourself a favor and search “Fringe Scissors” on the good ‘ol Pinterest. You’ll find copious amounts of goodness including these.
5. I’ve saved the best for last friends. You know I love a good tote, right? Well, if you don’t let me tell you something. I love a good tote. And this tote is killin’ the game. Considering I’m in cahoots with Commonthread it only makes sense that I give ’em a shout out in today’s round up. This tote is so doggon stylish and colorful, I can’t even stand it. I feel like I should plan a whole vacation around it. Like a beachy jaunt to an island with bright blue water. Considering I have no time for island jaunts, I suppose I’ll just have to carry this cute tote to the grocery store, which is totally fine. The orange in those tassels will coordinate beautifully the shredded cheese.
Now for a few of my very, very favorite tassel tutes from around the webs:
- This is surely the cutest DIY market tote I ever did see.
- Paper tassels meet cardmaking meet perfection.
- Check out the projects using this tassel die – pineapple treat bag anyone?
- Hold up, tassels and wine come together in one project? Be still my heart.
- Your neck needs some tassels
Now, let me know about the status of your tassel love?!