If you ask me (which, ironically enough, you did not do) the crafting industry could use a little bit more edge. A little more grit. A little less “Thinking of You” and a little more “Hey, girl hey.” Now, of course those traditional sort of greetings have their place, but every once in a while I want to make something with a little more personality. Something that’s less “mayo”. More “sriracha.” Know what I mean?
Now if only I can get someone to make me a stamp that says “I ain’t no hollaback girl” – then, and only then, will all be right in the world.
1. I recently stopped by the Hero Arts factory store and picked up this oh so sassy set by Kelly Purkey. I mostly love that “Like a Boss” stamp because, well…it’s like a boss.
2. For the most part, this Ellen Hutson set is pretty traditional. The flower. The “hello.” Chances are you probably have something like this already in your stash – but then there’s the “You are my person” stamp. Love that one so hard. It’s the sweetest, coolest way to say “I love you” and it can work for so many people. Your husband. Your wife. Your kids. Your sister. The guy at Five Guys who puts the extra scoop of fries in your bag. That guy is most definitely my person.
3. This set is one of my all time, go to favorites. The sayings are just so good. By far, my favorite is “go on with your bad self” because it feels so very 1988 and therefore, so very awesome.
4. Ok. Now let’s get real serious right now. This Kate Spade rotating stamp is everything you need in your life. Trust. It says things like “Eat your fruits and veg out” and “Light up the room.” They are itty bitty but so perfect for tags or dressing up pre-printed notecards with a little something handmade. If you’re not a seasoned stamper, this stamp is for you since it comes with everything you need to get started.
5. And because I love every single person who comes to this blog to read my musings, this stamp is a must have. You girls are absolutely awesome. No seriously, you are.
As always, I want to know what you think about these picks? Do you have em? Do you need em? Did I forget something? Let me know!