Pretty sure Kanye was talking about crafting. Yep. He definitely was. Well, maybe not. But I’m talking about gold digging today and it’s all about digging for the very best in metallic gold crafting supplies. I feel like gold has really been on the come up for the last few years. Every blog has a gold leaf, gold foil, gold spray painted project. I’m certainly a member of the gold club. I’ve made notebooks, planters and in just a few more days, I’ll have some more gold for you. Stay tuned.
In the meantime, I’m going to run down my very favorite products that are perfect for adding the golden touch.
1. Okay. So this one is cheating. This is not gold at all but it is so necessary. The “Goal Digger” saying is popping up all over the place. You can get prints on Etsy and this coffee mug too . This particular digital graphic is from this site which is full of really fun motivational sayings. Being a budding blogger businesswoman, I’ve found that I spend most of my time goal digging. I’m diggin’ for goal, girls! I hope you are, too!
2. I’ve already spent some time up on my soapbox telling you the awesomeness that is DecoArt Metallic Lustre. I am NOT one for these types of products. You know the types of product I’m talkin’ ’bout. Messy, technique-y, takes-30-minutes-to-figure-out-how-to-use it, takes-50-minutes-to-apply-it-correctly, takes-45-minutes-to-let-it-dry. And when it’s all said and done, you have something that looks…well…especially, homemade. Like “bless your heart” homemade. Like, “awww, look how she tried to make something.” Uh-uh. No ma’am. No thank you. Ain’t noooooobody got time for that and ain’t nobody got time for pitiful looking crafts. Not when there is Metallic Lustre that literally takes 5 minutes to put on and dries immediately. This is the kind of product I can get behind. I would tell you more about how much I love it, but I’ve gotta go. Gotta go rub some gold goodness on a few more things. Like my stand mixer.
3. The Minc is such an obvious choice when it comes to gold digging. It foils just about everything from paper to chipboard and it’s pretty much fool-proof. I’ve got my Minc sitting out on a bookshelf, plugged in and ready to go at a moment’s notice. That’s how serious we are about gold foil in this house. We don’t play around.
4…and while we’re talking about the Minc we should probably throw in a shout out for the Minc-able sticker labels. When I saw these, was like “hold up. stickers? that are foilable? are you joking me?” It was around that time that I snagged 2 packages and went on my merry way. I don’t have any immediate plans for these stickers but let’s keep it real – when are gold foil label stickers NOT a good idea? (and while we are on the topic of gold foilable stickers, you can also get these alphabet stickers. Yeah. Don’t you love em).
5. And then there is the gold standard. The pot of gold at the end of the crafty rainbow. It’s good as gold and it’s worth it’s weight in …well… gold. If you aren’t spray painting in gold, well honey child, you are just not livin’. I can guarantee that there are no less than three to the second power items in your home right now just waiting to make out with a can of Rustoleum gold spray paint. And for those of you who never got down with algebra – that’s nine. Nine spray paintable items in your house right this second. And one of those items may very well be one of your children…and that’s just fine. You don’t think the term “golden child” just came out of nowhere, do you?
Now I want to hear about some of your favorite gold projects from around the interwebs. Leave the link in the comments so we can all check em out. Here are some of my gold foil faves:
- Sip like royalty from these stylish mugs
- One of my own favorite Minc projects
- A totally unique, creative and beautiful way to use your Minc. I’m thinking these are the perfect holiday gift!
- For those of you who don’t have a Minc, these pre-foiled papers are beautiful and perfectly sized for your handmade stationery